Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Reasons I Love My Job: Post #1

I had two fantastic reading-related experiences today:

I had a girl finish reading Esperanza Rising yesterday and she wrote about it in her reading response journal. When she found out I hadn't read it yet, she opened it and left on my desk so that I would be SURE to read it. In her response she thanked me for recommending it and told me that she couldn't WAIT to tell me as soon as she finished. I knew, from the moony look she had on her face yesterday, that she had loved it. I hadn't realized how much she connected with the main character's struggle to make a new life for herself in a new place. I got a little misty eyed reading her lovely response.

There used to be a picture of students reading here... I apparently deleted it from my phone and it's gone forever... this is normal for me... *sigh* Enjoy this pic of my kiddos reading instead. 
Also, I have several students that come back for book recommendations or to talk about what they are reading. I had a 7th grader stop down for a 2nd book in a series I had to order from England (why are there only one of an author's FIVE books published in the US???) and mention to me that he was really enjoying a book I had given him last week. I had recommended The Alchemyst to him in 5th grade, and he had started and abandoned it. I love that he was willing to give it another shot and ended up loving it.

I really really really really love my job. A lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment